I have figured out that my kids are more likely to keep organized if they have a cute way to do it. This started with our one of a kind coat-rack but now that they are getting older needs to be applied to their rooms as well. My kids bring home and require so many more supplies due to school and by the end of the year, these supplies get everywhere. Thankfully the DollarTree had me covered when I went in search of a solution. Cute and easy to make this desk organizer has been a big hit! Most noteworthy is that it can be made for only $7!
This craft can be easily customized to fit any room. Monsters, dogs, and cats are all great inspiration. Any creature could be made with a bit of creativity. Want a bird? Pick up an extra stuffed animal with wings! Young kids might need help with the glue gun as they get pretty hot! Depending on their age scissors might also be a concern, but otherwise, this is a very simple craft for both kids and adults. This was made for the kids, but, I’m tempted to make one for me!
Fuzzy Monster Desk Organizer
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that should you follow one of my links and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1 Plastic Pot
- Mouse Cat Toy (Or any stuffed item with a tail)
- 1 small Skien of Yarn
- Large Googly Eyes
- Colored PomPoms
- 2 Packs of Skinz stick on material per pot.
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Pull the backing off your peel and stick fur. It is best to do this one sheet at a time. I needed 2 sheets to cover my pot completely but the amount needed will vary based on the shape and size of the pot.
- Stick the fur to your planter by lining it up under the rim and smoothing it downwards. The material is flexible and can be stretched a little bit. You can either trim the excess at the bottom of the pot or just fold it underneath.
- Add fun details like stripes or spots in a secondary color. The fur sticks to each other well so we didn’t use any extra glue for this. My kids love purple so we used light and dark purple respectively but there are many options.
- Attach a colored pompom for the nose and two large googly eyes with a glue gun.
- Cut the tail off of the plush animal or cat toy and glue it to the back of the pot.
- Create a pompom or tassel from your yarn and attach it to the end of your tail. You can either tie this on or use the glue gun.
- Put it on your desk and enjoy!
Other Desk Organizer Ideas
- Use an old container or can from around the house to make secondary creatures with extra fur.
- Use extra yarn to give your creation hair
- Pipe Cleaners can be used as antlers or folded into horns and ears
- Foam and felt could be used to create extra details. Things like beaks, mouths, and teeth.
- Use a glass vase and make a fuzzy monster to hold your florals.
- Felt can be used to create monster feet for your pot to sit on.
- Use feathers for those flying monsters.