There is nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on chilly nights. Soup is the ultimate comfort food, we eat it when we are sick, we eat it when we are cold and we eat it when we are too busy to try cooking something else. Honestly, nothing beats soup in the convenience category. Since starting a Keto diet many of my favorite soups have been put on hold or need to be radically altered. This Cabbage Soup is one of the first I have converted and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
If you are looking for a warm, filling comfort soup full of taste then this soup is for you! And as if that wasn’t enough of a reason to try it, with only 4 ingredients plus seasonings it won’t break the bank either. It can even be frozen and reheated without losing any of its charms. Give it a try! How can you go wrong?
- 4 Cups Fresh Cabbage (5.4 g Net Carbs per cup)
- 1Ib Ground Beef (0g Net Carbs)
- 1 8ox can Tomato Paste (12g Net Carbs per can)
- 6 Cups Organic Chicken Broth (0g Net Carbs)
Divided into 6 equal servings this makes ones bowl of this Cabbage soup approx 5.6g Net carbs per bowl. Of course, your ingredients might vary slightly by brand so do some hunting to find the lowest and calculate accordingly.
- Chop Cabbage into bite-sized strips and measure out about 4 cups. Set aside.
- Brown Hamburger meat in frying pan. Optional – Drain grease
- Add chopped cabbage, Chicken broth, Tomato paste & Hamburger meat together in a large soup pot. Stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until cabbage is cooked through and soft.
My husband and kids like it with a bit of shredded cheese on top, I prefer it with Cheese chips or low carb homemade Tortilla chips to dunk with. I imagine it would also be good with Fathead or Carbquik rolls too! Either way, this is a fast, cheap and filling recipe to serve up for supper on chilly winter and autumn nights.
Eat well and Keto on friends!