Chili is something my family is pretty serious about. It’s been a challenge to perfect the recipe so that it suits all of our tastes and we had it perfect. Down to a science. And then – We Went Keto. The Keto way of eating is great and I love it but it meant giving up our old Chili recipe! That was a sad realization – however, we didn’t stay sad for long! With a few twists and tweaks, I managed to turn our old Chili recipe into a Keto Chili Recipe. My husband loved it, my kids asked why I hadn’t made it sooner and I honestly couldn’t tell much of a difference. So we are going to call Keto Chili a win and now you can try it too!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after following one of my links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- I Can Diced Tomatoes (we used this – Delmonte Diced Tomatoes, Zesty Chili) 21g Net Carbs per can
- 2 Can’s Black Soy Beans – (we used this – Eden Organic Black Soy Beans) 3.5 Net Carbs per can
- Hot Sauce (we use this – Franks Red Hot) ) 0g Net Carbs
- 2Ibs Ground Hamburger – 0g Net Carbs
- 1 Clove Garlic – .89 Net Carbs
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder – 4.4g Net Carbs
- 4 tsp Reduced Sugar Ketchup ( we used this – Heinz Reduced Sugar) 1.25 Net Carbs
- Sour Cream – .61 grams Net Carbs per tbsp
- Shredded Cheddar – .61g Net Carbs per 1/4 cup
- Parmesan Crisps (instead of crackers – we use these – Oven baked Parm Crisps) >1g Net Carbs per 15 Chips
*The net carbs for any of these ingredients might vary based on the brand you buy! Make sure you check your labels and do the math on it if your brand is different. Remember to subtract the fiber from your Carb count for Net grams rather than total grams.
Serving Made – 6
Keto Chili Net Carbs per Serving
- Without toppings – 5.75g
- With Toppings – 7.97
- Brown Hamburger meat in frying pan. Drain.
- Open can of Diced tomatoes and blend until it is no longer chunky.
- Dice up your garlic clove.
- Open cans of Black Soybeans and Drain out the liquid.
- Mix everything together in a large soup pot.
- Add Onion powder and Reduced Sugar Ketchup.
- Add Hot Sauce to taste.
- Mix well and simmer for as long as you can stand it. Stir often.
- Plate and enjoy!