Sausage and cabbage are two things that I didn’t eat a lot of before starting Keto. If I did eat sausage then it was in the form of a sausage dog. And Cabbage? unless it was in coleslaw that just wasn’t happening! How on earth did I go so long without discovering how wonderful these two things can be mixed together? This Keto roasted sausage and cabbage recipe is fabulous! It was one of those happy accidents that happen when the cupboards and fridge get too bare close to grocery day. Even better? It’s one of those one pan meals that make clean up a breeze! We have made it one of our family staple recipes and now I am sharing it with all of you!
Keto Roasted Sausage and Cabbage
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Serves – 4
Net Carbs per serving – 6.4g plus any optional toppings.
- 1/2 Head of Green Cabbage, chopped (22.5g Net Carbs)
- Olive Oil (0g Net Carbs)
- Salt (0g Net Carbs)
- Pepper (0g Net Carbs)
- 2 tbsp Butter (0g Net Carbs)
- 2-3 Bunsized Links of Fresh Pork Sausage (0g Net Carbs)
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic (3g Net Carbs)
- Chopped up Bacon (0g Net Carbs per slice)
- Chopped Green Onion (Approx 3g Net Carbs per 1/2 cup)
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded and added about 5 minutes before baking is complete. (Approx 2.5g Net Carbs per cup)
- Sliced White Mushrooms (Approx 1.6g Net Carbs per cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Line a large baking pan with tinfoil or a silicone baking mat. I personally prefer the silicone baking mats, not only are they reusable and better for the environment but they are easy to wipe down and clean. The tinfoil always rips somewhere and I get left with a greasy pain in the butt to clean baking pan!
- Place your chopped cabbage in an even layer on the baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Mix to ensure even coverage.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread pats of your butter evenly throughout the tray.
- Sprinkle minced garlic evenly throughout the tray.
- Slice your sausage into medallions and spread evenly across the tray.
- Add any optional ingredients now, except for the cheese. If you want to add cheese wait until the last 5 minutes of baking, otherwise it will burn.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, check and stir the mixture occasionally so that one side of your sausage and cabbage doesn’t get overly browned. You want your cabbage to be fork tender and slightly browned for best results.
- Serve and enjoy!