My mother has been bragging about this dish for a long time now. this Keto Cauliflower Casserole is one of her favorites to serve when company comes over because not only is it Keto friendly but it tastes so good that everyone loves it. I finally got the chance to try it out while she was down visiting this summer. I went back for seconds and made it again right after she left.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is, you could add almost anything to the base recipe and get a great turn-out. Even better is that it warms up wonderfully so making it ahead of time and rewarming it for supper or leftovers a next day is a valid option. I should know, I have been eating it for lunch for the last three days. Yes, it’s that good! I have a feeling this dish would also go great with our Pork Chop Recipe too!
Keto Cauliflower Casserole
Keto Cauliflower Casserole – Ingredients
- 4-6 slices of Bacon, Pre-cooked & Crumbled – .07g Net Carbs per slice
- 1 Head Cauliflower – Approx 17g Net Carbs in a medium sized head
- 1/4 cup Green Onions – diced – Approx 1.1g Net Carbs
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese – Approx 2.8g Net Carbs
- 4oz Cream Cheese – Approx 4.8g Net Carbs
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese – .87g Net Carbs
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream – 3.5g Net Carbs
Total Carbs for Entire Recipe – 30.49g
Makes – Approximately 8-10 servings
3.8g Net Carbs per Serving for 8, 3g Net Carbs for 10
Other Potential Additives
- Pre-cooked Ham
- Cooked Spinach or Artichoke Hearts
- Pulled Pork & Keto BBQ Sauce
- Pretty much any leftover meat or veggie you happen to have sitting around!
Keto Cauliflower Casserole – Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Lightly grease a Glass Baking Dish
- Pre-cook bacon if needed and allow it to cool.
- Cut and cook your Cauliflower until barely soft. I use a steamer but boiling or roasting is also a valid option!
- Place your Cauliflower into your greased baking dish
- Use a potato masher (you still one of those laying around from your pre-keto days right? If not a fork will also work!) and lightly mash your cauliflower. You don’t want to completely mash it, you’re making a casserole not a loaded cauliflower mash so leave a few chunks.
- Slice and measure your green onions
- Cut your cream cheese into cubes so it will be easier to combine
- Measure out your sour cream.
- Combine 1/2 of your crumbled bacon, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and all of your green onions, cream cheese, sour cream and a mozzarella cheese with your mashed cauliflower.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir until well combined.
- Flatten out the top (the potato masher works well for this too!) and top with remaining bacon and cheddar cheese
- Bake for 3–35 minutes until cheese on top is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
This looks great. It vaguely reminds me of Sheppard’s Pie. Might have to give this a try.
How have I not made a keto Shepards pie? I totally need to do that now haha!
I’m so trying this, we love cauliflower and I’m always looking for new things to do with it.
Cauliflower is like the go-to veggie for Keto. Want Mac’n’cheese..make Cauli’n’cheese, want a pizza, Cauliflower crust to the rescue, anything with potatoes – sub in Cauli. Rice – blend up some cauliflower haha
Wow! I have to try this! Thanks for sharing
xo Leros | AboutEos
I promise you won’t regret it!