When I was little my mother used to make strawberry and rhubarb pies pretty religiously. Rhubarb grew very well back home so it was always available and while it’s somewhat harder to find where I live now the low carb and the relatively high fiber content of this tart-tasting vegetable makes it an excellent Keto treat. After creating this Keto strawberry rhubarb pie I can say without a doubt that it’s worth the search! And of course, we have always loved strawberries around here!
When making this recipe I always try to find fresh rhubarb but if that’s unavailable the frozen diced stalks work just as well. Just make sure you buy a version with no extra sugar added. You will notice that I have started mixing my Swerve confectioners with Splenda Naturals Stevia in some Keto recipes, I have found that mixing the two together completely negates any aftertaste from either of them. At least according to my kids and husband who are the most sensitive to them (I have never found either to be particularly bad aftertaste wise).
Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Ingredients
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Measured Solid & then melted) – 0g Net Carbs
- 2 Cups Almond Flour – 16g Net Carbs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract-1g Net Carb
- 2 Tbsp Splenda Naturals Stevia – 0g Net Carbs
- 3 cups Sliced Rhubarb Stalks (Fresh or Frozen) – Approx 9g Net Carbs
- 1 1/2 Cups diced Strawberries – 12g Net Carbs
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice – 0.3g Net Carbs
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners – 0g Net Carbs
- 8 Oz Cream cheese = 15g Net Carbs
- 1/4 cup Splenda naturals Stevia – 0g Net Carbs
Net Carb Count Entire pie – 53.3g, Net Carb Count per slice (12 slices) – 4.4g
Strawberry Rhubard Pie – Directions
- Grease a non-stick pie pan or line the bottom of a springform cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Measure your butter and then melt it in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix together almond flour and Splenda Stevia
- Add butter and Vanilla extract to flour. Combine until mixture is wet and crumbly
- Use your fingers to press the crust mixture into the bottom of your pan and up the sides. The mixture is stiff enough that it can be pressed into a typical pie shape fairly easily!
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees until slightly browned. Typically 10-15 minutes but ovens can vary so keep an eye on it! No one likes burned crust!
- Set your crust aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan combine sliced rhubarb stalks, sliced strawberries, lemon juice, and both sweeteners.
- Turn stove to medium heat and stir frequently until the berries and rhubarb stalks have broken down and mixture has become very juicy. This shouldn’t take very long but will vary depending on if you have used frozen or fresh ingredients. Allow the mixture to simmer at low to medium heat until you are satisfied with the amount of berry and rhubarb chunks. My family prefers it with very few chunks so I let mine simmer until everything is well broken down!
- Add the cream cheese and stir it into the berry and rhubarb mixture until completely melted. Taste test to make sure it’s sweetened to your liking!
- Pour mixture into cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy! Ps – It’s pretty amazing with some Keto Ice Cream too!