It’s fall! And we all know that means the return of all things maple and pumpkin-flavored! If you haven’t started your fall baking spree yet then this is the perfect place to start. You might also be interested in some of past fall recipes such as our Keto Maple Cookies or our slow cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are great slathered in butter for breakfast or as a quick snack in the afternoon. It’s a bonus that the kids loved them too which is pretty much my benchmark for a good keto recipe. If my sweet-toothed kids like them and can’t tell it’s a keto treat then it’s a winner!
This recipe is also pretty customizable, feel free to substitute the chocolate chips for sliced almonds or anything else you might prefer, I know a lot of people aren’t keen on the darker chocolates. The sweetener can also be increased if you prefer a more dessert-like muffin. Sweeten them to your personal tastes but remember that swerve can leave an aftertaste if you use too much of it so I suggest using half swerve and half monk fruit or even liquid Splenda if you allow yourself such things to make the muffins sweeter without risking the aftertaste of erythritol based sweeteners. If you are unsure about what sweeteners to try check out our article about Keto Sweeteners.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cup King Arthur Keto Flour (can be subbed with almond flour if you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Vanillia Extract
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (NOT pie filling, pure pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Confectioner Sweetner
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Bake Believe Chocolate Chips
Makes – 12 Muffins
Net Carbs for Entire Recipe – 70.2g
Net Carbs per Muffin – 5.8g
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Directions
This is probably one of the easiest keto dessert recipes that I have ever made, there are no really hard-to-find ingredients needed and no complicated baking skills required. I don’t know about you but easy is one of my top priorities for an everyday dessert or breakfast! These muffins are very easy to rewarm in a microwave so they make for pretty great morning snacks with your coffee!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. You can use a hand mixer if you want but a fork works just fine for this recipe as well since there are no really heavy or thick ingedients. Add your chocolate chips or other additives last.
- Generally I prefer to make my cupcakes and muffins using reusable silicone baking cups, but mine were being used elsewhere so I just used the paper ones for this bake.
- Bake your muffins for 15-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. I started checking our muffins at 10 minutes and tested them in 5 minute increments after that until they were perfect. Our oven tends to cook a little hot so I suggest keeping that in mind and adjusting your cook time to your equiptment!
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container or just let them get cool enough to hold, slather with butter and enjoy!