When you choose to follow a Keto diet and a healthier lifestyle then it stands to reason that alcoholic drinks go out the window too. While drinking isn’t generally considered healthy if we are being realistic with one another, then it’s also a social component that many of us enjoy. Thankfully like cookies and cupcakes, there is a way to fit a couple of keto drinks into your new lifestyle from time to time without too much trouble!
Drinking while on Keto isn’t overly complicated but there are a few things you should keep in mind! People who follow a low carb eating style often require less alcohol to become inebriated. Keep this in mind and make sure to drink responsibly. Hangovers can also be a bit worse and there is a possibility that your weight loss will stall for a few days. This makes sense when you consider that our bodies burn fuel in the following order, Alcohol – Carbs – Fat.
But! Since I consider Keto to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet I find the odd indulgence worthwhile. Realistically, now and then, I know I will want to have a couple of drinks with my friends or my husband. To that end, here are a couple of my favorite Keto Cocktails, which I will be enjoying on New Years.
Keto Drinks,Cocktails for the Low Carb Life
Keto Drinks – Cocktail Ingredients
- Sprite Zero
- Fresh Strawberries
- Jordans Skinny Gourmet Sugar-Free Syrup (we used Strawberry/Watermelon)
Keto Drinks – Cocktail Directions
- Cut a strawberry into small pieces. Add to the glass.
- Measure out 1 shot of Vodka and pour into the chosen glass (adjust for personal preferences if desired.)
- Fill remainder of glass with Sprite zero and add a splash of flavored syrup. Start with a small amount of flavoring and add until it reaches the desired flavor.
- Garnish with additional Strawberries if you want to be fancy
- Enjoy responsibly.
Keto Drinks – Jello Shooter Ingredients
- Sugar-Free Gelatin of the desired flavor (we used strawberry)
- Fresh Fruit (we used Strawberries)
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- Keto Whipped Cream (Heavy Whipping cream, Swerve confectioners, Vanilla extract)
Keto Drinks – Jello Shooter Directions
- Set out approximately 10 small plastic or paper disposable shot glasses on a cookie tray. You can get these at the Dollar Tree if you want to save a bit of extra money.
- Chop strawberries (or other fruit) into small pieces and add a couple of pieces to each shot glass.
- Mix together gelatin powder and 1 cup of boiling water.
- Add your cold water and mix thoroughly.
- Add Vodka & mix
- Pour mixture into equal portions, you should have enough to fill about 10 shot glasses
- Refrigerate until set. This generally takes 2-3 hours so these are something you should make well ahead of time!
- Top with Keto whipped cream (you can find the directions for that here) and garnish with sliced strawberries if desired before serving.
- Enjoy responsibly.