I’ll be honest, when I started eating keto I was positive that pizza sticks were a thing of the past. I mean surely when you start eating healthier things pizza has to go right? Turns out that’s not true! You might not be able to eat Domino’s anymore but you can still have delicious pizza on Keto. you just have to make it yourself with healthier ingredients! These keto pizza sticks took only a few minutes to whip up and were devoured just as quickly – even by my super picky kids! Give them a try and see for yourself with the recipe below!
Keto Pizza Sticks, a Great Party Snack
Keto Pizza Sticks – Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Low Carb Marinara Sauce
For Garlic Butter
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
Net Carb Count for Entire Recipe – 35.14g
Net Carb count per pizza stick – 3.5g
Keto Pizza Sticks – Directions
- Place cream cheese and shredded mozzarella in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir and repeat until the mixture is fully melted and smooth.
- Add egg and almond flour to the melted cheese. If necessary move the mixture to a larger bowl.
- Mix well. I just use my hands but a food processor would also work for this. This dough can be very sticky so if necessary coat your hand with a tiny bit of olive oil and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. If your dough is sticking to the paper pull it up and spread of bit of olive oil on the paper then try again. You want your dough to be about 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half. Wrap a couple of pieces of pepperoni around the cheese sticks and lay on top of dough. Add a line of low carb marinara sauce beside the cheese stick.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut a square of dough out around the filling and then roll it up into a log shape.
- Use your fingers to seal the ends and side seam so that none of the fillings leaks out! If you cut away too much dough it’s easy to patch up by tearing off a bit extra and using your fingers to spread it over the hole. The one good thing about this sticky dough is that it’s very easy to fix holes!
- Continue to make the pizza sticks until all of the dough has been used – I got about 10!
- Add butter and garlic powder to a small bowl, microwave for a minute until butter is melted. Add chopped parsley and stir.
- Use a spoon or pastry brush to spread garlic butter over the top of your pizza sticks.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until bottoms tops are slightly browned.
- Eat as is or serve with extra marinara for dipping!
Whats your favorite party food? Let me know in the comments!
Well, now I want pizza sticks. These look so good and seem pretty easy to make. I’m pretty sure I could eat the whole batch myself, haha.
Ha! My kids practically did, I think I got about 2 of them!
I’ve been thinking about trying to go Keto. This recipe gives me one less excuse not to give it a try!
My Best Friend Adeline
I’m glad it’s inspired you! Let me know if you need any help should you decide to give it a try! I’m always available to help people get started!
I am currently doing keto so I am totally going to try these! I love pizza sticks!
Great! I hope you love them as much as my family did!