Everyone loves milkshakes! And, St’ Patrick’s Day is the realm of the Shamrock shake. If you love mint and ice cream then this is something you might look forward to year after year. Unfortunately, like all milkshakes, Shamrock shakes are hardly keto. When we choose to follow a healthier way of eating we sometimes leave behind treats we love. Thankfully I have found Keto to be one of the most versatile when it comes to reworking old treats into newer healthier versions. These keto shamrock shakes are no exception! They are not only delicious but super simple to make!
Keto Shamrock Shake, St Patrick’s Day Treats!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 2 Tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Mint Extract
- Green food coloring (Optional)
- Keto Whipped Cream
Keto Shamrock Shake – Directions
- Add your heavy whipping cream, Swerve confectioners, mint, and vanilla extract to your blender and blend until mixed.
- Your heavy whipping cream will thicken during this process (which is what you want because we are making a milkshake!) Remove the lid from your blender and slowly add the 1/2 cup of cold water (the colder the better!) while it continues to blend.
- You can add more or less water to make the shake as thick or thin as you like, some people even like to add ice, however, I find that ice messes with the texture of the shake too much. Feel free to experiment a bit until you find the perfect mix and texture for you!
- Add your food coloring if you want for that kelly green color! This is of course completely optional as food coloring does nothing for the flavor and really just makes things look pretty and festive. If you prefer to stay away from unnecessary additives as many clean eating Ketoers do feel free to leave it out.
- Pour your shake into a nice glass and add any optional toppings! I switched out the traditional cherry for a more keto-friendly strawberry. To make keto whipped cream simply whip together heavy whipping cream (1/2 Cup), sweetener (1 Tbsp), and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) with a hand mixer (or rinse out and reuse your blender). Add a dollop on top and refrigerate the rest for later.