Chicken is something we tend to make a lot in this family. It’s cheap to buy, generally simple to cook and can be adapted to a large variety of recipes. Different sauces, gravies, and methods of cooking can make this protein a great option for keto families on a budget. This keto stuffed chicken breast, paired with some delicious creamy spinach is an excellent option for a filling dinner or a special occasion!
Keto Stuffed Chicken Breast with Creamy Spinach.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ingredients – Chicken
- 1 Chicken breast per person to be served
- 1 piece of bacon per person
- Swiss cheese slices
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
Ingredients – Chicken Sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients – Spinach
- 1 10oz bag of Spinach
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bullion – chicken flavor
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- pre-cook your bacon until it’ slightly crispy but still flexible. I typically do this in the microwave because it’s easier but you can also do this in the same skillet (or cast iron pan!) you plan on cooking your chicken in for extra flavoring! Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into your chicken breast lengthwise. Be careful not to cut all the way through if possible, but the edges can be held together with toothpicks if you do – just make sure you remove them before serving!
- Stuff each piece of your chicken breast with a piece of bacon and the sliced swiss cheese. Set aside.
- Melt your 3 tbsp of butter in a skillet, add olive oil and minced garlic. Heat until your garlic is lightly browned.
- Add stuffed chicken beasts to hot skillet. Flip and cook your chicken breasts until each side is nicely browned.
- While your chicken breast is browning, add your sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and mix well. Simmer until all ingredients are melted together.
- Transfer your chicken to an oven-safe baking dish if you did not use a cast iron pan. Pour your sauce over the chicken, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and transfer to an oven at 350 degrees until cheese is browned slightly and chicken is cooked through.
- While your chicken is cooking start your spinach by boiling a medium-sized pan of water.
- Add spinach and continue to boil until leaves are slightly wilted
- Strain spinach and place in baking dish.
- Whish together better than bullion and heavy whipping cream.
- Pour bullion sauce over your spinach.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pop it in the oven beside your chicken for about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done and cheese over the spinach is nicely browned remove both dishes and serve!
Oh this sounds absolutely delish!! Just in time as I am trying to figure out what to do for dinner. Think a quick trip to the store for a few odds and ends is in order. Thank you!!
Glad that you found some inspiration! I hope you love it as much as my family does!
This look so dang good. I never used to like creamy sauces, but now I really enjoy them so I will have to give this one a try. Stuffed chicken is something I have wanted to try and make but I have yet to do so since I always thought it would be difficult today.
I have gotten pretty attached to creamy sauces myself and stuffed chicken is way easier then I thought it would be! you really should give it a try!