Sometimes you want a meal full of flavor but without all the crazy preparation! I mean we all have those nights right? Thankfully when your eating keto there’s no shortage of simple tasty meals to keep you going and this keto pesto chicken is no exception. I mean you can make it in about four steps – you really can’t get any easier than that! As an added perk it’s also a chicken based recipe which my budget tends to love! Although I expect you could easily replace the chicken with any meat you prefer and it would still taste just as good.
We have made this with both cauliflower and broccoli. My husband prefers the broccoli version but I like either one just as much and I expect a mix would also be good! I will say the broccoli version is probably a bit cheaper since frozen broccoli tends to be cheaper then cauliflower. It’s also a great dish to serve with our Asparagus Kids Love!
Keto Pesto Chicken with Vegetables
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after following one of my links I may receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you!
Keto Pesto Chicken – Ingredients
- Chicken Breast (0g Net Carbs)- I find that 1 per person seems to work best
- Broccoli or Cauliflower Florets (4g Net Carbs per cup for Broccoli, 3g Net Carbs per cup) – While fresh is great frozen will also work just fine! I find about 1 cup of vegetables per person works best.
- Barilla Creamy Ricotta and Basil Pesto (5g Net Carbs per 1/4 cup) – While any pesto sauce can work, this one is our favorite and it’s the one I used to calculate the Net Carbs for this recipe. If you use something else make sure to adjust the numbers as needed! 1/4 cup is enough to make about 4 servings.
- Olive oil (0g Net Carbs)
- Minced Garlic (1g Net Carbs per Tsp)
- Minced or Dried Onion (1g Net carbs per Tsp)
Total Carbs per Serving – Approx 7.25g per serving for Brocolli, 6.25g per serving with Cauliflower
Keto Pesto Chicken – Directions
- Prepare your vegetables – We like our vegetables roasted so I like to drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then throw them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 350 Degrees. If you prefer your vegetables steamed then feel free to do it that way instead!
- Prepare your chicken – While your vegetables are roasting it time to prepare your chicken. Cut the breasts into small strips. Toss the strips with olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and onion. Saute until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Mix together, add sauce and stir until warmed through – once your vegetables and chicken have been thoroughly cooked to your liking throw them together in a large frying pan and add the sauce. Its a really thick sauce so you will have to stir it quite well but a little bit goes a long way and 1/4 cup for 4 servings seems just about perfect. Stir until the sauce is well mixed and has been warmed up.
- Serve Warm and Enjoy
This dish sounds delicious! I love pesto, and I would really recommend making your own. It’s so easy and so tasty! I love to replace the basil with rocket (arugula) as well – it gives a little more kick and taste to the pesto!
Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com
I have never heard of replacing the basil with arugula. Might have to give it a try! It sounds like something my husband would love.
This sounds and looks delicious! I love pesto on my chicken, it adds such great flavour. This seems quite simple to make too, thank you for sharing 🙂
It’s very simple which is great for our family, lots of flavor very little time investment haha
This looks and sounds very yummy! Always interested in new recipes and trying new foods. Thank you for sharing! Xx
Your welcome! I love trying new things too. it’s usually one of my favorite activities if we go somewhere new haha
I love pesto! It’s such a simple but tasty dressing.And broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables x
Broccoli is one of my favorites too!
Oooh I absolutely love pesto chicken so this sounds delicious! I usually incorporate it into a pasta dish but this is a much healthier version so will have to give it a go!
Soph – https://sophhearts.com/ x
Pasta used to be our go-to pesto dish too. We had to think of other alternatives when we went keto though and really it tastes just as good on the veggies!
This looks like such a delicious meal! I really love pesto but never know what to have it with. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing the recipe. it looks like such a healthy and tasty dish! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa
It’s probably one of our new family favorites! So glad you found it inspirational!
The keto pesto chicken looks delicious! Love that it’s very low carbs. Big plus that it doesn’t require a lot of prep time either. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me
Low prep time is a super plus for us too. Anything easy,tasty and still healthy is a winner in my book!
This sounds lovely! Pesto makes everything yummy! 🙂
Pesto chicken is so good, especially topped with cheese! Really like how you added asparagus, nice touch!
Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com
Glad you liked it!
Yum! Anything that involves chicken and broccoli is a win in my books. I will definitely be giving this recipe a try. It looks wonderful.
Chicken and Broccoli is a great combo for sure! I used to love it with Alfredo sauce too back in our pasta-eating days!