Sometimes you want a meal full of flavor but without all the crazy preparation! I mean we all have those nights right? Thankfully when your eating keto there’s no shortage of simple tasty meals to keep you going and this keto pesto chicken is no exception. I mean you can make it in about four steps – you really can’t get any easier than that! As an added perk it’s also a chicken based recipe which my budget tends to love! Although I expect you could easily replace the chicken with any meat you prefer and it would still taste just as good.
We have made this with both cauliflower and broccoli. My husband prefers the broccoli version but I like either one just as much and I expect a mix would also be good! I will say the broccoli version is probably a bit cheaper since frozen broccoli tends to be cheaper then cauliflower. It’s also a great dish to serve with our Asparagus Kids Love!
Keto Pesto Chicken with Vegetables
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after following one of my links I may receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you!
Keto Pesto Chicken – Ingredients
- Chicken Breast (0g Net Carbs)- I find that 1 per person seems to work best
- Broccoli or Cauliflower Florets (4g Net Carbs per cup for Broccoli, 3g Net Carbs per cup) – While fresh is great frozen will also work just fine! I find about 1 cup of vegetables per person works best.
- Barilla Creamy Ricotta and Basil Pesto (5g Net Carbs per 1/4 cup) – While any pesto sauce can work, this one is our favorite and it’s the one I used to calculate the Net Carbs for this recipe. If you use something else make sure to adjust the numbers as needed! 1/4 cup is enough to make about 4 servings.
- Olive oil (0g Net Carbs)
- Minced Garlic (1g Net Carbs per Tsp)
- Minced or Dried Onion (1g Net carbs per Tsp)
Total Carbs per Serving – Approx 7.25g per serving for Brocolli, 6.25g per serving with Cauliflower
Keto Pesto Chicken – Directions
- Prepare your vegetables – We like our vegetables roasted so I like to drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then throw them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 350 Degrees. If you prefer your vegetables steamed then feel free to do it that way instead!
- Prepare your chicken – While your vegetables are roasting it time to prepare your chicken. Cut the breasts into small strips. Toss the strips with olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and onion. Saute until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Mix together, add sauce and stir until warmed through – once your vegetables and chicken have been thoroughly cooked to your liking throw them together in a large frying pan and add the sauce. Its a really thick sauce so you will have to stir it quite well but a little bit goes a long way and 1/4 cup for 4 servings seems just about perfect. Stir until the sauce is well mixed and has been warmed up.
- Serve Warm and Enjoy