Using up leftovers is always a bit of a challenge around our house. Everyone gets tired of eating the same things over and over so I have to be creative. When we started our Keto journey I had to get even MORE creative! Thankfully we have come a long way since our first bumbling attempts and now I can share all of my hard creative work with all of you! These keto turkey pot pies are a family favorite and perfect for using up all those leftovers in your fridge. They come in at around 6g of net carbs per pot pie so they are perfect for Keto lunches and dinners!
Keto Turkey Pot Pies
Serving Size – 8, Net Carbs per serving – 5.5 to 6 depending on ingredients
- CarbQuick (2g net carbs per shell) or Fathead dough for shells (approx 1g net carbs per shell depending on the recipe)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (1.65g per serving)
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth (read your labels, some broth has carbs, look for the 0g brands)
- Xanthan Gum (0g Net)
- 2 Cups Cooked Turkey (0g Net) – Feel free to substitute any meat you have, this tastes great with ham, beef and chicken too!
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (0g net)
- 2 Cups chopped broccoli (.5g net carbs per serving)
- 2 Cups chopped Cauliflower (.75g net carbs per serving)
- 2 tsp onion powder (.37g net per serving)
- 2 tsp garlic powder (.25g net per serving)
- Olive, Coconut or Vegetable oil
- Toss your chopped vegetables with salt, pepper & oil. Roast for 20 minutes at 350 until slightly tender.
- While vegetables are roasting shred or cut your cooked turkey into cubes
- When vegetables are done, toss them in a large soup pot along with your meat.
- Add chicken broth and Heavy Whipping cream
- Stir together
- Salt and pepper your mix to taste
- Warm slowly on your stove. Don’t boil the mixture.
- Slowly add very small amounts of your Xanthan Gum (start with 1/4 tsp) and stir. Allow each addition of the Xanthan Gum to work for a minute or two before adding more. Too much xanthan gum gives food a weird texture so go slow. Thicken the mixture to your liking.
- Set mixture aside and make your Carbquick or Fathead dough.
- Roll the dough into 8 equal balls and then flatten them out into a greased muffin tin. If you want the best results I suggest using silicone baking cups. There is no need for greasing with silicone baking cups and your keto turkey pot pies will pop right out! Clean up is also a breeze as most can be thrown straight into the dishwasher.
- Add your filling to the shells. Be careful not to overfill your cups!
- Throw some shredded cheese over the tops (feel free to add some bacon if you want too. Everything is better with bacon!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are bubbly and the edges of the shells are starting to brown.
Note – As an added bonus any extra filling you have can be frozen and reheated later as soup! I love it for lunch on busy days.
Let Me know if you give them a try!