Stuffed bell peppers have been a family favorite for a couple of years now! They are super easy to make, which makes them perfect for busy nights. But! Even better they are highly customizable which means they can be adjusted to fit the tastes of almost any family. Bell peppers are my favorite peppers, they are packed with flavor but lack the heat found in other peppers. I have never been a big fan of hot or spicy foods! Thankfully even after we turned to the Keto way of eating we were able to continue enjoying this family favorite with only a few simple adjustments. These keto stuffed bell peppers keep the fast and simple preparation of the older version but are far healthier and just as adaptable!
Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers – Ingredients
- 1/2 pound of Ground Sausage – Approx 2g Net Carbs
- 1 Jar Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce – We use this – Approx 20g Net Carbs for entire Jar
- 1 Bag of Riced Cauliflower (or one small Cauliflower to rice yourself) – Approx 8g net Carb for 1 Bag or 2g Net carbs per cup fresh
- Mozerella Cheese – 0g Net Carbs
- Bell Peppers, one for each person (The filling should fill up to 4 large or 6 small-medium peppers easily) – Approx 6g Net carbs per Pepper
Approx carb count per serving (one pepper, making 6 medium total) – 11g Net Carbs (or less as you will likely have some leftover filling but that all depends on the size of your peppers!)
Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers – Directions
- Cut the tops off of your bell peppers and clean out all the seeds. Rinse the inside well with water to make sure you get them all!
- If you are using a bag of pre riced cauliflower prepare it according to the instructions. If you are ricing your own cauliflower I have found it easiest to cut the head into florets and rice them in a food processor with a few pulses. You can then either boil the riced cauliflower until slightly soft or pan fry it with your sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown 1/2 pound of sausage in a frying pan until fully cooked. We like to use mild Italian but choose the type that you enjoy most!
- Prepare your filling by mixing together the riced cauliflower, browned sausage and spaghetti sauce.
- Fill each pepper with a few spoonfuls of the filling
- Top with a generous portion of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on cookie trays (ensure easy clean up by using silicone baking mats underneath) for 20-30 minutes until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown. Your peppers should still be a bit crunchy at this point so if you like them softer continue baking for another 10-15 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy! You can serve these with a side but I tend to find them filling enough on their own!
PS – Leftover filling is delicious warmed up for lunch the next day! Or it can be frozen and saved for the next time!
Other Potential Stuffing Ideas/Additions
- Alfredo Sauce & Brocolli
- Mushrooms & Steak
- Taco Seasoning & Ground Beef
- Bacon and Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
- Chicken & Fajita seasoning
Have you ever tried Stuffed Bell Peppers? What’s your favorite filling?