A long time ago I posted my Top 5 Strawberry Recipes. As a family, we loved those recipes but they were enjoyed before we started following the Keto way of eating. Unfortunately, when it comes to keto those recipes don’t quite fit the bill. I have since learned how to convert most recipes to Keto, thanks in part to my handy conversion chart and have decided to go back and re-do as many of them as I can. This Keto Strawberry Shortcake is the first of these attempts and although it took me a few tries I am proud to say that it turned out really good! My husband and my kids both loved this recipe and all of us are really happy about being able to enjoy some strawberry shortcake this summer!
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase after following one of my links then I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
Keto Strawberry Shortcake
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Base
- 2/3 Cup of Swerve Confectioners – 0g Net Carbs
- 1/2 Cup Butter – 0g Net Carbs
- 3 Eggs – 0g Net Carbs
- 1 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream – 6.6g Net Carbs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract – 1g Net Carbs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour – 12g Net Carbs
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder – 0g Net Carbs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt – 0g Net Carbs
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream – 6.6g Net Carbs
- 1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioners – 0g Net Carbs
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Erythritol – 0g Net Carbs
- 2 Cup Chopped Strawberries – 20g Net Carbs
Total Net Carbs per serving
- 6 servings – 7.03g
- 8 Servings – 5.28g
Directions – Keto Strawberry Shortcake
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- In a small bowl mix 2 cups of freshly chopped strawberries and 1 Tbsp of granulated Erythritol. Stir with a fork until the berries begin to release their juices. Set aside in the fridge.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl create the cake base by mixing together – Swerve confectioners, butter, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, coconut flour, baking powder, 1 egg and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, separate the egg whites from your remaining two eggs and whip them with a whisk until stiff peaks form. Discard the yolks.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into your cake batter. Mix gently until fully combined.
- Pour cake batter into pre-greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Allow cake to cool
- While cake is cooling create your whipped cream by whipping 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1Tbsp of Swerve confectioners until stiff peaks form. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Once your cake has cooled cut into portions and layer with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Come back and let us know if you try our Keto Strawberry Shortcake!